Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flowers!!!

Hello Everyone!!!
Here is a quick post !!! I have been playing with the new goodies! Love THIS new Hero Arts/Basic Grey stamp set....lovely flowers and postage stamp images!!!
 I tried out the Velveteen technique....but somehow my white inkpad was not that moist so I had to heat emboss it. I think the effect is not exactly as the Velveteen technique but it gave a nice texture to the background.  
 I used distress inks to color in the flowers....then did some fuzzy cutting and lots of layering.
The sentiment is a postage stamp image from the same stamp set.

This card is for the following three challenges...

CR84FN: LOVELY COLORS.


Hero Arts March contest: Fabulous flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Piali! Those blossoms are beautiful! WoW! What a gorgeous watercolored bouquet! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Crafterkhush said...

gorgeous work Piali.. Love the colours.,..!!

yyam said...

Oh my! Just gorgeous Piali! The blooms are spectacular!

Hussena said...

Wow those flowers look just so gorgeous!!! i love your card its so beautiful!!

MEGHA said...

lovely card
megha
http://www.meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Piali this is gorgeous! Love the cheerful colors and great design. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards. :)

Isha Gupta said...

Pretty card Piali. This stamps was on my wish list and now it has moved to must have:)

~amy~ said...

Oh Piali...this is gorgeous! WOW!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely lovely bouquet of beautiful flowers! I like the background too - so much texture and a sweet sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Connie F. said...

Nice card. I bet it took some time getting all your flowers made and layered. GREAT!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Piali, and absolute stunner! I will be surprised if this doesn't win!

Tasnim said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love how you layered the flowers and expanded the stamp into a bouquet. Congratulations on winning the Hero Arts contest :)

Nancy K said...

Such a perfect flower arrangement...I'm totally loving the gorgeous color and all the texture in the background. Really wonderful card! So happy you joined us for another Lily Pad Cards challenge.